Friday, November 18, 2011

Queen Latifah Reveals Her Motherhood Plans to More Magazine

image

Jazz singer, actress and Covergirl model, Dana Owens, better known by her Hip-Hop handle, Queen Latifah, has confirmed in an exclusive interview with More Magazine that she will become a mother next year. 

“I'm definitely going to adopt, or have a child,” Latifah says, “I've wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18-years-old.”

The 41-year-old renaissance woman credits the 1992 death of her older brother, Lance Owens, with inspiring her to realize her dreams of motherhood. Lance Owens was 24-years-old when he died in a tragic motorcycle accident, driving the bike that she bought for him. She spoke candidly about her devastating loss, and shares her hard-fought philosophy:

'I think the most important thing I've learned is to not stop living,” says Latifah, “As my Aunt Elaine says: ‘You never get over it but you get through it.’”

“I know for a fact that my brother would not want me to stay right there, stuck in that misery,” the entertainer said. “If the person who you lost loved you like you loved them? There's no way they would not want you to live your life to the maximum, to appreciate it, to go for your dreams, go for your goals.”

Notoriously close mouthed about her sexual orientation and personal relationships, Latifah did not reveal if she would be adopting with a partner. Old speculation that Queen Latifah is a lesbian resurfaced last year when photos of her and famed Bikini Bootcamp creator and Hollywood Trainer, Jeanette Jenkins, were photographed in an intimate position while vacationing on a yacht.

No comments: