Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Taraji P. Henson Stated She Would Love To Play The Role Of A Man

Taraji P. Henson ( 41-year-old) graces the cover of Upscale magazine’s February 2012 issue. She spoke on several topics, her acting career, her role as a mother, and the incident with TV Guide.  

Taraji Perspective on Parenting
“This Hollywood thing? It’s my job. That’s it. I love it and I worked hard for it. But it by no means defines who I am. When I go home, my family and friends say, ‘I liked your movie. Now can you go was your dishes please?”

Her Role in Think Like A Man
“You’ve never seen me play this girl. She’s a bitch. And she’s the pretty girl in the film. I wanted this role so bad. I told the casting folks,’if you don’t let me get that role, I don’t need to be in this movie at all.’ They were thinking about casting a white girl for the role and I said, ‘No. I can’t do this.’ And then of course, when it’s time to start filming, I freaked out. I said, wait’ Maybe I should play the baby-momma instead….[LOL] I was scared because it’s so different than anything I’ve ever done.”

Her Take on Hollywood Politics
“Hollywood keeps trying to tell me that black women can’t open a film. I will absolutely prove them wrong before my career is done. I want to stretch my acting muscle and do something completely different. I’d love to play a man. Sounds weird, but I want to do something that make me work hard. Call me kooky, but I always want to go outside my comfort zone.”

How she handled the TV GUIDE COVER INCIDENT:
“I just stated a fact. And the people spoke. And then CBS pulled the whole cover. I get that all the time. Sometimes I admit I feel like, ‘Can I catch a break?’ That wasn’t the first time it’s happened and it won’t be the last. This was just one time I chose to speak on it.” [Source]

No comments: