Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TAMEKA RAYMOND TELLS UPTOWN: ‘I KNOW I AM A GOOD MOTHER’

Tameka-Usher’s Ex-Wife had an interview with Uptown and she felt it necessary to make the statement “I know I am a good mother.”

“According to Tameka, her and Usher’s custody issues started long before the recent media frenzy over her request that he take a drug test and filing for sole custody of their sons. In fact, Usher first filed for sole custody of their kids in January 2011, which Tameka says had to do with control and him wanting the kids to move around as he does.

“He is a man very accustomed to having his way. “This has nothing to do with how I parent. Trust me, I never will have a desire to keep a man away from his kids. I am not June Cleaver or head of the PTA, but I know I am a good mother.”

More than a good mother, Tameka says she’s also a good business woman and doesn’t take too kindly to claims that she is or was ever a gold digger. She currently operates two busnesses, Estella, a clothing and home-decor boutique in Roswell, GA, and KangaZoom, an indoor children’s play facility in Alpharetta that she opened at the beginning of last year.

“Usher and I met because I was one of the top stylists in the game. You don’t get to work with someone of his stature in music, especially back then, without being one of the best, and I still am hardworking.”

As a single mother of five, the 40-year-old says everything she does is about her boys: Darrin, 21; Ryan 12, and Kile, 10, (children with her first husband, music exec Ryan Glover); and Usher V, 4, and Naviyd, 3. Even though her journey hasn’t been perfect, she says she’s still blessed to have had the experiences she has.”-Madame Noire

“I never imagined some of these things to be obtainable. And my sons teach me the meaning of true, unbiased love.”

Source

No comments: