Monday, August 1, 2011

Jay-Z Denies that He Slapped Kanye West

The Internet’s been going crazy over an allegation that Jay-Z and Kanye West have begun fighting before their celebrated tour was set to begin.  In fact, a few blogs have reported that Jay-Z actually slapped Kanye. 

Jay-Z stopped to talk to Angie Martinez from Hot 97 to make it clear that he never did such a thing.  Here’s what he had to say:

"Kanye is a genius talent. Yeah we had a fight or something...I heard that[...] I know we're doing something right when I woke up to all that, I was like okay we're hot now [...] Kanye's my brother.

Yes we get on each other's nerves  but that's part of pushing each other...the people who have problems with Kanye and myself are the people who are complacent in life.

People don't like to be pushed, it's annoying. We push each other to be greater so yes at times in the studio where we're yelling but that's about it.

I would never put my...I would never disrespect that man, I have so much respect for him. Put my hands on him...if I did it would be like in a backyard, you know...like brothers and you would never hear about it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would hate to believe that these two are behaving in such a manner. I would lose respect for both of them, I really would.

AA said...

I lost respect for them after Otis. Song was terrible. Materialistic. The people cannot relate.