Friday, January 21, 2011

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD A COMPLIMENT???

_MG_2246

 

Thank God it’s Friday!!! I woke up craving natural sun-light. I got out of bed and opened the blinds so his light will shine on me. I want to develop a new appreciation for God’s sun-light, so as many days as he grants it to us, I will certainly enjoy it.

I’m a woman, who has never been pregnant, nor do I think I want children; I haven’t decided yet. However; I have an almost perfect memory regarding my childhood. And I don’t remember hearing I was beautiful as a small child.

My ladies with children, when was the last time you watched your child like your favorite TV show? When was the last time you praised him/her for a job well done? When was the last time you told your daughter she’s beautiful? When was the last time you told your son he’s handsome?

I ask these questions because little black girls are being cheated out of two parent house-holds. They are being cheated out of fathers, and they are being cheated out of daily compliments.

The confidence that your daughter is granted as a child may be the difference between her being Lil Kim, or Oprah Winfrey. I realize, as mothers you need a compliment too. So, develop a new habit with your child. If you are a single mother, compliment your child everyday and he/she will soon return the favor.

My last relationship lasted a full year, and then we spent the second year being in the relationship without the title. (You know what I’m talking about) but, in this relationship I could recall on my hands and feet how many times I was complimented for no-reason at all.

When millionaires go into a club, the owner sends them something complimentary. The owner is showing their appreciation just for their presence.

When was the last time you showed your appreciation to a love?

Most days I write something to stitch my wounds, but today I write to compliment every woman around the globe. Incarcerated women, over-weight women, cross-eyed women, drug addicted women, successful women, young women, old women.

Have you heard you were beautiful today?

Well, you are beautiful today!!!

No matter if you’re rocking a wrap, pony-tail or you’re bald from chemo treatment.

You are beautiful today!

For every man that has laid next to you and took your jewels and forgot to compliment you; I compliment you.

Now go and compliment your daughter, sister, and mother. Tell them that they are beautiful because we live in an ugly world and it helps to have a daily compliment!

Have a good weekend beautiful people!

Meaningful Blessings,

Madam Prezident

 

 

Beautiful

Momma never said I was “beautiful”

So when I heard it

It sounded nice

So he fucked me

Two times

With no condom

I made the mistake twice

Two babies

We were supposed to be a family

I was supposed to be his wife

As soon as I got pregnant

He said “have a nice life”

Now, I try to give the kids a nice life

But I work nights

And I sleep in the day time

How my life changed

When I heard I was “beautiful”

For the first time

By:

Madam Prezident

 

No comments: