Friday, February 19, 2010

WANDA SYKES GET AN AWARD, DRAKE GETS TURNED DOWN BY SADE, AND VANITY FAIR AINT FAIR

GLAAD announced Thursday that Sykes will receive the Stephen F. Kolzak Award which is presented to an openly LGBT media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equal rights.

read more click here

 

VANITY FAIR DID OUR GIRL PRECIOUS WRONG

The foldout photo features nine young starlets to keep an eye on, but excludes Sidibe, whose youth and Oscar nomination should have made her a no-brainer to be included. Adding to the controversy is the fact that all of the chosen actresses are white and thin.

read more click here

 

ANGELA DIDNT MAKE THE CUT FOR IDOL, AND LIFE HAS BEEN HARD

A third time was not the charm for “American Idol” contestant Angela Martin.

While dealing with the emotions surrounding her mother, who has been missing since the day after Christmas, the Chicago singer was given the news that she would not be among the top 24 despite her third time auditioning. [Watch footage above]

read more click here

 

Eubanks still May be around the Jay Leno Show

Kevin Eubanks became the band leader two years after joining 'The Tonight Show' in 1992.

After reports surfaced earlier this week that Kevin Eubanks would be leaving his gig as Jay Leno’s bandleader when the “Tonight Show” returns in March, the musician took to his Twitter page to clarify.

“I’ll still be around on the show, but less as of now. I’ll tweet when a definite plan is set,” he posted Thursday.

read more click here

 

SADE AINT TRYING TO WORK WITH DRAKE

Well all that sounds good Mr. Drake, but unfortunately, as Grandma used to say, Sade ain’t studying you. Actually it’s nothing personal, she just doesn’t do collabos.

“I don’t think they have contacted me,” Sade, 51, told Canada’s National Post. “I’ve never collaborated because I’ve always avoided working outside my safety zone – I can be exactly who I am and can fail or succeed within the moment. I feel safe working like I do. I wouldn’t want to work in a situation where I am expected to deliver, because I think I wouldn’t deliver.”

read more click here

 

RAVEN SYMONE TRIPPING WITH WENDY WILLAIMS

Raven’s got a message for all those bloggers and writers who love to talk smack, and she shared it on the Wendy Williams Show.

Check out the clip to watch the fabulous duo chat about Raven’s role as an icon with the multi-cultural women’s empowerment movement, Pepsi We Inspire.

No comments: