Thursday, July 1, 2010

NELSAN ELLIS ANSWERS ALL THE ‘GAY’ QESTIONS

 

Nelsan Ellis, who plays the role of “Lafayette”” on True Blood” a popular HBO Series, shared his thoughts about being a Black actor in the industry with vibe.com. He talked about being stigmatized with homosexuality, answers the big question about gay marriage, and takes time to share his thoughts about Tyler Perry.

“But when the industry can’t tell the difference, I’m like, ‘Damn that’s a little closed minded,’ because when white people play a character people expect it to be a character. But black people-we can’t just be character actors, we have to [really] be the things we’re hired for, which is what offends me. I don’t answer that question, ‘Are you gay or not,’ when it comes down to industry people. But if it’s a regular person asking me, that just says that maybe I’m doing a good job. But when a casting director or an agent asks me that question it takes on a deeper thing that says, ‘I can’t believe you’re doing this unless you are that.’”

read more click here

No comments: